Irene Monasterolo will lecture at the first summer school on sustainable finance organized by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the Community of Practice in Financial Research (CoPFiR). Call for applications
The school mainly addresses two communities
- Young researchers: Ph.D. students, post-doctoral researchers, junior academics and early-career scientists are invited to submit a paper that they would like to present in the context of dedicated parallel sessions.
- Professionals/experts: Policy officers working at public and/or international institutions, as well as private-sector experts active in the field of sustainable finance.
To apply, please send a short CV to JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu.
Ph.D. students, post-doctoral researchers, junior academics and early-career scientists should also attach the paper they would like to present.
The maximum number of researchers presenting a paper is 15. The overall number of participants is limited to 40.
Selection of participants will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of current area of study or job.
- Scientific quality of the research paper (for those who wish to present).
- Gender and multicultural diversity.
- Priority will be given to applicants who commit to attend for all of the three days.
- Deadline for application: May 26, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2019
- School dates: July 1-3, 2019
- Sean Kidney, CEO of the Climate Bond Initiative
- Ser-Huang Poon, Professor of Finance, Alliance Manchester Business School
- Zacharias Sautner, Professor of Finance, Head of Finance Department, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- Andreas Hoepner, Professor of Operational Risk, Banking & Finance, University College Dublin
- Steven Keuning, Until recently, Pension Administrator and Adviser to the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- Irene Monasterolo, Assistant Professor of Climate Economics and Finance, Vienna University of Economics and Business, and visiting scholar at the Stanford Precourt Institute for Energy
- Yoshiaki Wada, Board of Directors, XBRL
The organising committee of the conference includes JRC staff and Professor Andreas G. F. Hoepner.
For more information, please email JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu.